Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Why is it that people in the horses section ask questions which they know will cause quarrels or fights?

Don't people have better things to do than sit and argue on a computer forum? Whether it's questions about helmet use, horse slaughter, certain training techniques such as rollkeur, or other divisive topics, it seems to me that people on here have become very polarized and quick to condemn and judge others based solely on what other people type. One of the reasons I joined YA was because I thought I could learn something myself, and help other people out by sharing what I know or have learned over the years. But when people are so judgmental and condemn almost every answer I give ( which has been true fairly often lately) it makes me wonder why I bothered. I have a right to my beliefs and thoughts, just as all of you do. I'm tired, really tired, of all the personal attacks and criticisms I have seen people spouting at one another here. This is supposed to be a civilized place to share ideas, not the corner of the first grade playground. But we seem to have gotten away from that, somehow. It's great when people feel strongly enough about something that they express an opinion about it, whether good or bad. Just because some may not agree with what's written or said, doesn't mean they shouldn't treat the writers with respect. Does anybody else feel this way- that maybe things have gotten way out of hand on here, and it's time for a change of attitude? Comments?

0 comments:

Post a Comment