Tuesday, December 20, 2011

3.5 mth old with diahrrea! help!?

I had the same issue about two weeks ago, my baby was 14 weeks at the time.. He actually started to get blood in his diahrrea so we took him to the ER. They told us that as long as he was drinking formula like normal not even to bother with pedialyte because the formula was keeping him hydrated enough. My baby also didn't run a fever.. They did a bunch of tests to make sure nothing was causing the blood other than just the diahrrea, and sent us home and told us to follow up in a few days.. for my baby it must have just been a virus, it went away in a few days. As long as your baby is drinking formula and pedialyite and having wet diapers like normal, I probably wouldn't worry too much about it this weekend... If it continues, I would take her to the doctor on Monday to make sure nothing is wrong. I'm no doctor but I would guess it's a virus, seems to be going around everywhere. With my son he had a SEVERE diaper rash to the point it was bleeding, I gave him several baking soda baths & let him go naked for about an hour at a time and it got rid of it in about a day.. if you haven't gotten to that point I'm sure it's coming with all the diahrrea.. Sorry this is so long, good luck with your little one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment